Wednesday 4 January 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A FREE FUN WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT

Several years ago I self published a book called the 'The Reluctant Dieter', sadly it was not a success commercially, but I am delighted to say that it was a success for those who read it.

I wrote the book because I had (in a New Year) decided to take control of my health and weight.  Within 3 months, I lost 3 stone!  Was it unhealthy?  Well err no, on asking my GP, he replied with a big smile, no, carry on with what you are doing!  

My diet book is unlike any diet book you have ever read.  It's real, it's honest, it's like having a giggly chat with your mates, I don't preach and I don't pontificate, I'm all about finding short cuts and lazy options.  In my opinion, if something is difficult or means denying yourself everything you enjoy, you will give up.  

Having been a yoyo dieter my entire adult life, I decided to devise my own diet and exercise routine.  I didn't buy expensive health foods.  I didn't go the gym or the swimming pool, I did the Jane Fonda warm up routine and danced (like no-one was watching) to 80's disco hits in the privacy of my bedroom.  And I walked every day, inspired by Stephen Fry who put his own amazing weight loss down to walking, though I hasten to add, I didn't walk nearly as much as he.  Best of all I carried on enjoying the food I love, just not so much of it!  

Now, several years later, I am pleased to say that the lifestyle changes I made then have stayed with me, though I now allow myself 1500 calories rather than 1,000, a day to maintain my current weight, and the Jane Fonda tape would kill me.  I jest, these days I just walk. Fifteen hundred calories may sound meagre, but I actually eat whatever I want.  If you are eating 5-7 portions of fruit and veg per day, which I recommend, you have little room left for the junk.

Anyway, I hope this lands with a little bit of cheer for the New Year, especially if you are looking for an easy way to lose weight and get healthier.  I am not sure how it all works but it looks as though it is free on Kindle, and I hope readers take it up.  Even if you don't get healthy, it's a fun read and some of the tips may stick - see reviews.  

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone, and my kindest wishes to all.


https://www.amazon.co.uk/RELUCTANT-DIETERS-GUIDE-HEALTH-WEIGHT-ebook/product-reviews/B00RNV3PC4/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment