Saturday 7 April 2012

THE DEPTHS OF DEPRESSION

I should probably re-name this blog, The Confessions of A Manic Depressive and be done with it. 

Moaning is moaning.  There is absolutely no good around it.  Sometimes you do get cheesed off and want to go into the clinical depths of your all your aches and pains.  Is there anything better than bumping into an old friend and saying 'did I tell you about me arm'.  Ok so it is quid quo pro, you have to listen to stories about her gory innards and her hysterectomy, but worth it, I think. 

Laugh and the World Laughs with You - Cry and You Cry Alone - its actually Weep and You Weep Alone actually, and surprised some of my critics from YGL didn't point that out.  And yes, it was deliberate.  But back to that interminable cycle of depression.  You have no idea of who is still talking to you because you didn't return phone calls or answer their texts.  Or worse, you have no idea what you might have said or done during your last manical stage.  Close family members, used to introduce me to strangers and apologise in advance.  Then I would up the ante, grin like a lunatic and say 'I'm better now'.  I was never popular at parties.  If I could go back in time, I think I would definitely have been a goth, I feel I missed out on a whole load of fun there.

If you are a drama queen such as moi, you pick up your heroine's iconic words, 'I  will think about it tomorrow, when I feel better', so you distract yourself with other things, until your head is about to explode.  I am sure there are more eloquent ways of saying that, but thats about the gist of it. 




Ps.  It was Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment